JBA Indonesia is a company heavily involved in the Indonesian automotive auction industry since 2011, currently holding 17 branches throughout the country, from Surabaya to Medan. In this regard, JBA has entrusted LOGIQUE with creating an efficient online vehicle auction application suited for the Indonesian market, from which the resulting application, the BASTK JBA Application, or eBASTK for short, had been developed.
BASTK, in Indonesian, is an acronym that aptly translates to ‘Official Vehicle Handover Report,’ which is a suited title for the application’s functionality. Enterprises which are involved with the transportation of vehicles require a Handover Report, or ‘BAST’, which contains important information regarding the transaction, such as information about the brand, color and engine of the vehicles involved. Currently, this process is done manually, making it difficult in regards to a number of issues, such as allowing JBA to see a comprehensive history of transactions that have taken place, or to coordinate effectively when the information given in the documentation is incorrect.
Through implementing the eBASTK application and converting this process through digital means, the vehicle handover process can be done in an efficient and thorough manner from both sides of the transaction. Indeed, the BASTK application was developed for a variety of purposes which assist the streamlining of an overly complicated process. Some of which include the following functionalities:
- The vehicle recording procedure is displayed in an easy to understand manner through an interactive visual display.
- Users can easily see the transfer history of each vehicle, making it easier for users to view the reports of each vehicle.
- Simplifying management in regards to all parties involved, such as JBA, the Seller, Dealer, Broker, etc.
- Makes coordination easier through speeding up the time it takes to receive notification in regards to inconsistencies found with the documentation. This is done through immediate notifications.
Overall, the BASTK application serves to streamline and improve the process through digital means by increasing visibility and control of the vehicles being auctioned at JBA. This process follows through several steps which are detailed below:
- The vendor will first choose one of two options available for vehicle pickup. The first that JBA provides is by way of a vendor or driver. The second option is an internal shipment done by the seller, dealer or broker themselves. However, should the client opt for the services of a third party, the vendor or driver will obtain a notice from JBA and will direct their way to the seller’s location.
- The vendor will provide the seller with the assignment letter after coming to the agreed location. After a proper evaluation of the condition and details of the vehicle, the vendor will use the evaluation made to create a comprehensive report through JBA’s BASTK application. The seller will include their signature, ensuring the legitimacy of the transaction.
- Next, the vehicle will be delivered to JBA’s official vehicle pool location. Here, staff will approve/make a confirmation of the arriving goods through the BASTK application. Upon confirming that the data filled in by the vendor is accurate, the process will then have been completed. If there are any discrepancies found, the application will then notify the seller so that JBA can proceed to a further investigation of the matter. The application is especially useful when vehicle deliveries are made in bulk, as going through the process manually can make it difficult to keep up with any changes made to the auctioned vehicle. Through the BASTK JBA application though, a vehicle’s condition will be efficiently documented and tracked during the process of its delivery to JBA. This makes changes incurred by the vehicle easier to identify, and the problem easier to respond to when done through the BASTK application.
Main Features of the BASTK Application
Apart from serving as an effective solution to a universal problem experienced within the industry, JBA’s BASTK Application was also built for usability, meaning that utilizing a user friendly design and features have made it convenient to use. Some of these features are as follows:
- The BASTK checklist incorporated into the application allows users to provide data as to the condition of the vehicle at each point of transfer. Therefore, the app can track any changes made to a particular vehicle if there is a change in data throughout the mobilization process. The app will then notify the user of the alteration and the vehicle’s condition.
- The application was built with an effective user management system which allows the admin to change, add, delete or search for the data and passwords of any particular user.
- The delivery Que feature allows administrators to manage the vehicle delivery details of goods being sent to JBA through a Que list. Details that can be seen include telephone number, PIC name, delivery date and others.
- The dashboard feature allows the user to monitor the handover event. Here, users will be made aware of the status of the BASTK, whether it is completed or not. Also, any problems during the handover will also be made clear.
- The Report feature summarizes the inputted BASTK data so as to make it easier for users to review the documentation. Users can filter through the data to easily locate the report that is required. Through this feature, users can easily view the handover reports of each vehicle and find out detailed information about the errors found within the report. Additionally, the reports available in the BASTK application can also be printed by the user in both pdf or excel formats. However, please note that not all users have the ability to print documents. This feature is only available to the super admin.
The BASTK application took around 4-5 months to create. In order to develop the application, we started with a thorough planning and budgeting of the project as a whole. Then, the team carried out an analysis of the needs of the company and the overall business process involved. The next step was designing and developing the application. During the development process, we underwent unit testing so as to check if all the parts were functioning according to our standards. Upon developing the app, we carried out a series of comprehensive tests to ensure that the application would not be released with any errors.
Specifically, the making of the BASTK application employed the use of the Agile development method, which is specified for project management within software development. Through this management methodology, the development process of this project was defined by short and repeatable processes. The result of these ‘iterations’ were drafts or prototypes which were then expanded upon.
The technologies used in the making the application were mainly the PHP platform as the primary tool. In regards to the database management system used, LOGIQUE chose MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL due to their compatibility with this platform. Additionally, so as to have the application run smoothly on Android Java and Kotlin were used, along with Flutter, for its functioning in regard to multi platform options, such as iOS and Android.
Read Also: The Best Programming Languages for Beginners
Services offered by LOGIQUE
LOGIQUE has thrived in developing applications and websites for a wide variety of large companies within Indonesia. If your company also aims to employ digital means to improve your enterprise, please contact LOGIQUE. We offer practical digital solutions for comprehensive system and website development.