Easy Ways to Read Google Analytics for Beginners
Google Analytics is a service provided by Google which can be used freely to analyze your web page and visitor statistics. If you own a website, Google analytics can be a useful tool for you. Using this service, you can find out the number of people who’ve clicked on your site, their location and preferred content, and further modify your marketing strategy, among many other things.
To use google analytics, you first need to install it. After, you can then easily analyze your own web traffic. The following information is an instructive guide on the fundamentals of Google Analytics:
How to Read Google Analytics
Every time you open Google Analytics, you will see the Audience Overview Report. On this page, you can find out various things related to your web visitors.
The Following Information Will Be Obtained by the Audience Report :
- Sessions: These are the Number of Visitors who have visited your Web Page. Each Visitor who has visited will be counted as 1 session. If a single visitor doesn’t engage in any activity while visiting your website, after 30 minutes it will then be counted as 2 sessions.
- Users: Visitors who have visited a web page.
- Pageviews: The total pages viewed by a visitor.
- Page/sessions: The number of pages opened during each visit.
- Avg. Session Duration: Contains Information about the length of time each visitor has spent when visiting your website.
- Bounce Rate: This is the percentage of visitors leaving your webpage after opening a single page. For example, a visitor only opens the main page and subsequently exits without browsing through any other pages. Essentially, the smaller your bounce rate percentage is, the better your web page is.
- % New Sessions: The percentage of total users who have come to your website for the first time.
In addition to the information given above, Google Analytics also provides further information. The Following are types of information given in a Google Analytics Report.
- Audience Report
From this report, you can garner various data about your visitors. The report will provide various data in detail, starting from the general demographics of your visitor base, their interests, location as well what language they speak. In addition, you can also find out how often visitors check out your website and the type of device they were using when they accessed it.
- Acquisition Reports
The results from an Acquisition Report will tell you what factors drive visitors to open a web page in the first place.
- Behavior Reports
This report contains various data on the preferential content of many of your web visitors. This menu will also provide information on how fast it takes to load your web page.
If you had previously set a target in google analytics, you can see the number of conversions received.
Logique Digital Indonesia Services
If you still have difficulties with Digital Marketing, don’t hesitate to contact Logique Digital Indonesia. We are IT consultants with extensive experience in the field of digital technology. To find out more about how our services can help you grow your company, please click on Logique’s Services page. Contact us by telephone at (021) 22708935/36 or via whatsapp at 0811-870-321.